Thursday, 21 February 2013

The Disappearance by T.V. LoCicero

I have had such a dazzling week, with a lot of encouraging comments and feedback from our beloved fans and much-loved authors. Mind you, I am saying this but I do have awful news… I lost my iPhone!!! I was on a trip to Hamburg with friends, which got somewhat out of control, and somehow lost my phone… Mrs Book wasn’t very pleased, but I am home safe now and that’s the main thing… right!?
Anyway, let’s get back to the point! If you remember, early on in January, I posted a review of The Obsession and the author, T.V. LoCicero, was kind enough to post me the second book in the trilogy to read and review. How could I decline when the first book was just so superior! The second book is The Disappearance and is just as excellent as the first, but the first was still the best in my eyes!
The Disappearance by T.V. LoCicero
The Disappearance by T.V. LoCicero
 
The Disappearance by T.V. LoCicero was such an ornate thriller and so fantastically told! The characters were just as sophisticated as in the last book, and it was very nice to catch-up with the previously met characters and to welcome the new. Again, I thought the writing had a tendency to disrupt the flow of the story so that I wasn’t 100% entrapped within the book. However don’t let this put you off you in any way as the story is still something any thriller fan will take pleasure in. The story started with such flavour and unwavering fortitude… setting the scene and describing characters is something that comes effortlessly to LoCicero.
As the story went on, I felt the suspense and anticipation had levelled out so that I could foresee what was going to occur next. I furthermore believe that the enthusiasm in the writing had dimmed too, but the characters qualities were still as strong.
It picked up pace again towards the end but the predictability was unfortunately not shaken off. However saying this, I can’t help but feel that the foundation of the story and the thought behind it was something that could truly ignite the mind and thrill your core.
 
I loved how there was a chase in this book involving several groups of people. How the innocent can be chased across a number of countries in unadulterated panic, and how acquaintances can gain a sense of needing to help in such unusual circumstances.
 
I recommend The Disappearance to all those who are looking to read a book that is suspenseful, cunningly designed and dissimilar to others.
Why don’t you go and buy it at our online shop and let me know what you think by leaving your comments underneath or by emailing your review to bookreview@uncle-book.com.
 
I would like to say a massive thank you to T.V. LoCicero for sending me The Disappearance to read and review!
 
Kind Regards,
Uncle Book

No comments:

Post a Comment