Friday, 25 January 2013

Out of the Shadow by J.S. Winn

I am on fire lately, I told you I had a lot of time to read… I am doing a book review a week here!
I received a copy of Out of the Shadow by J.S. Winn following a request to read and review the book. I was more than happy to accept as even though the synopsis was somewhat disturbing, the story sounded exceptional and in-depth. I’m happy I decided to read it as the story wasn’t all about sinister acts like I thought it might have been, but it was in fact an extremely outstanding story.
Out of the Shadow by J.S. Winn
Out of the Shadow by J.S. Winn
 
Out of the Shadow by J.S. Winn was a story that leaped out at you! From the very first page, even from the very first word, I was hit with the tremendous defencelessness of the main character, Becca, and her most distressing situation. The only bad thing I would have to say about this book was that I felt the change between the story being told by Becca and the story being told by Sarah could have been more distinct. This could have been done with each new chapter, something that Stephen King’s The Dark Tower Series done. Apart from that small and easy-to-fix problem, the characters were wonderfully detailed so that the reader can soak up their entire being and qualities.
As the story continued and the plot got thicker and deeper, I found myself truly spellbound by what was happening and couldn’t bear to put the book down. The amount of mystery the author put into this was astonishing and just when you thought you had the answer, another twist was added to the mix.
 
I found that the perplexity and the mystification is what really made this book truly extraordinary. These characteristics of course turned this book into a page-turner and a book that you simply couldn’t put down.
 
I recommend Out of the Shadow to anyone who enjoys a true mystery, a book that will keep you guessing throughout.
Why don’t you go and buy it at our online shop and let me know what you think by leaving your comments underneath or by emailing your review to bookreview@uncle-book.com.
 
I would like to put forward my thanks to J.S. Winn for sending me the book to read and review, and I really look forward to the next!
 
Kind Regards,
Uncle Book

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://mycrazybookobsession.blogspot.se/2013/01/liebster-blog-award.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete