Friday, 18 January 2013

Debts and Druids by Diana J. Febry

I think I am now back into the swing of things following the frenzied period that is Christmas! I have had plenty of time on my hands to read and so you should expectantly see quite a few book reviews over the next few weeks.
I received a copy of Debts and Druids from Diana J. Febry after she contacted me asking to review her book. From what Diana told me about the book, the story popped out and knew this would be something I would enjoy, and I couldn’t have been more right about that. I do have to mention that this book is the definition of ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’!
Debts and Druids by Diana J. Febry
Debts and Druids by Diana J. Febry
 
Debts and Druids by Diana J. Febry had me captivated from the get go, I don’t think I have ever read a book so rapid! Typically when I receive a book from self published authors or new authors, there is always something not quite right with the writing in terms of punctuation and flow… but Diana did a magnificent job with this book, a true talent and should be getting a lot more interest from readers! The characters were delicately designed and well detailed and the same goes for the storyline, the way Diana can set the scene with her writing is extraordinary… there really isn’t anything to fault with this. The first half of the story told me about each character, their past and their present circumstances whilst also building up tension and something sinister that you knew was going to disentangle… which is what kept me obsessed.
As the story went on, the suspense just grew and grew and I couldn’t help but feel like I wanted it all to work out well in the end for everybody as there was no one exacting ‘bad guy’ but a collection of people who have found themselves in a sticky situation and are in a state of desperation.
I was entirely stunned when it came to the end as Diana cunningly put in a final twist that shook the core… I am ready to read another of her books!
 
I most enjoyed the story when we revisited Sarah’s dim and menacing past as it really gave the plot an edge and pulled at my compassion. I was left puzzled as to whether I ought to feel revulsion towards this woman who has done disgusting and awful things or whether to feel sorrow for the same woman who has had appalling and foul things done to her… the chicken or the egg?
 
I recommend Debts and Druids to anybody who enjoys a realistic suspenseful story with a lot of anticipation and some shocking results.
Why don’t you go and buy it at our online shop and let me know what you think by leaving your comments underneath or by emailing your review to bookreview@uncle-book.com.
 
I would like to put forward my thanks to Diana J. Febry for sending me her book to read and review, and I truly look forward to the next… I am officially a fan!
 
Kind Regards,
Uncle Book

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this review, as a new writer the support of readers means so much. I wrote this book after being treated very badly and unfairly and I was grappling with the question -should you forgive others who behave very badly when they are under stress and at what point is it wrong to harm another to protect yourself? I still don't have an exact answer but I am impressed with the insight of your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Sorry, I couldn't find anywhere else to post this!

    I have nominated you for “The Very Inspiring Blogger Award”.
    Check it out http://wp.me/p2hl6j-7e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for your nomination, I feel truly honoured.
    Uncle Book

    ReplyDelete