Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Not Dead Yet by Peter James

It’s starting to get a bit chilly now and I believe there is no better time to read… to curl up by the fire with a blistering hot cup of tea and a excellent crime novel. This is precisely what I did one weekend whilst reading Not Dead Yet by Peter James.
I didn’t realise though that when I bought the book it was part of a series which I hadn’t read… but I picked up on the characters qualities and sense of being okay and thoroughly enjoyed it… I might even buy more books from the Roy Grace series!
Not Dead Yet by Peter James
Not Dead Yet by Peter James
 
Not Dead Yet by Peter James is a true British crime novel! I did have a good chortle when I seen the word ‘swot’, it didn’t half bring back the school days when being brainy was frowned upon by classmates. Now as much as I hate saying it, I do have to be honest and say that although I truly enjoyed the book, I felt that the first quarter of the story was vaguely sluggish and didn’t comprise my complete interest. However the majority of the book was well equipped with manic characters and frenzied moments. I do have to say that I sense this book would put anybody off being famous… stalkers, demented fans… no thank you! From about half way through the book, things started to get really fascinating. There were countless crimes that could have possibly taken place, that I would have dreaded being Roy Grace trying to shield Gaia the superstar, protect his partner Cleo and deal with his own enemy Smallbone… Talk about being under pressure!
 
There was a moment, about half way through the book when I went ‘whoa’… I wasn’t expecting that little turn of events! I wish I could enlighten you which bit I mean but I don’t want to ruin it for anybody who hasn’t read it yet. Past that point I had a sense that the book was about to get extraordinarily exciting, and I wasn’t mistaken.
 
If you like to read a crime novel that has an array of characters and potential outcomes, a book that will keep you on your toes then Not Dead Yet by Peter James is the book for you!
Why don’t you go and buy it and let me know what you think by leaving your comments beneath or by emailing your review to bookreview@uncle-book.com.
 
Kind Regards,
Uncle Book

No comments:

Post a Comment