Tuesday, 13 November 2012

A Very Accidental Love Story by Claudia Carroll

I haven’t been well the last week with a chest infection so I took a few days off work to recuperate… not that my dear husband Uncle Book is helping with his regular insistence to assist with the decorating!?! So as avoiding Uncle Book I thought what better way to get back to my full health than to read a good love story, I certainly can’t think of anything better!
I decided to read a book called A Very Accidental Love Story by Claudia Carroll because of three things – 1. I know you must never judge a book by the cover, but blimey this book cover had me drooling. 2. If you are looking for a love story then when a book title has ‘love story’ in it, you just have to pick it up. 3. The synopsis on the back had me feeling eager, and I sensed the story was going to be relaxed and fairytale-ish, which is just what I needed.
A Very Accidental Love Story by Claudia Carroll
A Very Accidental Love Story by Claudia Carroll
 
A Very Accidental Love Story was such a warm and loving read! The characters were so finely planned and full that I more or less believed I knew them in person. Since I do not have any kids of my own, I got rather broody whilst reading about Lily, the sweet, clever and amusing three year old… so cute! The English used in the book helped make the characters more personable and unique which is what made Lily appear so delightful and humorous. The beginning of the book had me getting to grips with the main character Eloise and her demanding life as a single high-powered working mother… I am fairly career focused myself so this book kind of had me thinking about the important things in life, not that I am as bad as Eloise however! As the tale went on there were moments that brought you to the edge of your seat, moments that had you smiling from the wit, and moments of inexorable desperation for a happy ending. When Jack was introduced and his story was told, I think he truly proved that you can’t be so quick to judge a person. His tale gave deepness and a dissimilar sense to the story which in some way made it that further bit extraordinary! Towards the end of the book, my emotions were all over the place, I was feeling the same distress, heartache and delight as the characters in the book…. What a stunning and affectionate book!
 
I sense that folks reading this book will learn a few life lessons without knowing it like never judging someone before knowing them, always remembering family is what’s vital, and never never ‘live to work’ (have I got that the right way round?)!
 
I am telling you now A Very Accidental Love Story is the IDEAL Sunday afternoon read! If you are looking for a book that will pull at your heart strings, have you cheering on in support and a read that is easy on the eye… this is it!
Why don’t you go and buy it at our online shop and let me know what you think by leaving your comments beneath or by emailing your review to bookreview@uncle-book.com.
 
Kindest Regards,
Mrs Book

1 comment:

  1. I have to be honest: this is a book which I wouldn't read just because of the title and the cover... But now I'm curious about it :)
    LadyBug
    http://english-written-portairt.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete