Tuesday, 16 October 2012

The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer

I decided to buy The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer because when reading the synopsis, it seemed like it was a genre sandwiched between romance and action (I didn’t know until I started reading it that it was actually a series with this being Volume 2), similar to the movie Pearl Harbour, which was in fact mentioned quite a few times in the story. So as an alternative to the customary vivid decorated book cover with the wonderfully thin woman holding a load of shopping bags, I went for the somewhat eerie book cover that more represents a crime/thriller book, just to slay my inquisitiveness… and I am delighted I did!
The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer
The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer
 
The Sins of the Father was a book that I struggled to put down because of how entrancing it was. Even though I missed Volume 1 of the series, I picked up the story straight away so felt I hadn’t missed anything. I knew I was in for a tremendous tale right from the beginning with being introduced to Harry Clifton and the prickly situation he was in. As the story developed and other characters were introduced, it had me sitting on the edge of my train seat each morning and evening anxious for the consequences of the characters decisions and the ending. The angst of the characters was so overcoming and was written in such a way that it had me feeling every emotion that they were going through; I think this proves how excellent a novelist Jeffrey Archer is. Evidently this book wasn’t a love story or a chick lit, but it undeniably touched my soul with the impressive characters and the rollercoaster storyline. I love a good happy ending so I was basically pulling my hair out with this because of the countless downturns and twists… I sense I need to go the doctors now for some relaxing tablets because my emotions are everywhere! All in all though… the book was marvellous and I am reasonably sad that I have now finished it, I could have read it without end!
 
I really couldn’t say which chapter, character or element was my favourite for the reason that the book under no circumstances faltered. Each and every sentence and character was well described and as written so that it utterly captivated me from the opening sentence to the very last!
 
I would most definitely recommend this book to anyone and everyone simply because it is in a class of its own, it is heart-wrenching, suspenseful and vividly planned… I even told the till lady at the supermarket to buy it!
Why don’t you go and buy it and let me know what you think by leaving your comments beneath or by emailing your review to bookreview@uncle-book.com.
 
Warmest Regards,
Mrs Book

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a wonderful book review Mrs Book. I am keen to read Jeffrey Archer' s book though I have yet to read the vol. 1 you mention.
    I would love to get a copy of this book and read it some day soon.
    Thank you Uncle Book ( I love the name and the logo on your blog, it is very endearing and one with whom I can elate to.
    Best Regards to You n Uncle Book too

    ReplyDelete