Tuesday, 2 October 2012

The House on Willow Street by Cathy Kelly

I haven’t posted a review since the conquest of  Fifty Shades but I decided to pick up a couple of books from Asda whilst I was undertaking my weekly shop, as there was a 2 for £7 offer… bargain!

The House on Willow Street by Cathy Kelly
The House on Willow Street by Cathy Kelly (Buy Here)
I went for The House on Willow Street by Cathy Kelly as from reading the synopsis; it seemed like it was going to be an enjoyable and a relaxed read… and I loved it from beginning to end!
 
The House on Willow Street was such a charming and delicate book but with a hint of obscurity and secrets, which gave deepness to the novel. The characters were promptly introduced and I understood who they were and what they were all about right from the onset… from time to time I read books and I am still puzzled who is who after half way through the book, so this was extremely appropriate for me. As the story developed, so do the characters and their secretive lives. Even though this wasn’t a book that made you gasp or had to inform whoever is sitting next to you what just happened, it was a book that quietly captured your imagination and wonderment. I went through quite a few emotions whilst reading, due to the array of characters and their individual stories. I feel that this novel was extraordinarily likeable and astounding.
 
I believe that the greatest books are the ones that you can find a connection with, ones that bring back memories, or ones that simply leave a mark. I felt I had a genuine connection with the character Tess as she seems akin to the kind of being I could be friends with… friendly, gracious and good-natured. However I couldn’t help but feel drawn to Danae through her individuality and her introverted surroundings. Actually thinking on it, I completely loved Danae’s account the most because of  her mystifying yet kind-natured behaviour, the exposure of her past and how she overcame that and moved on… it truly touched my heart.
 
I positively recommend anybody who likes to read a book that is full of secrets, puts a smile on your face, and a story that grasps at your compassion, to go and buy this book now, now, now!
Why don’t you go and buy it and let me know what you think by leaving your comments beneath or by emailing your review to bookreview@uncle-book.com.
 
Best Wishes,
Mrs Book

2 comments:

  1. Only read this post for now but I will read more. Subscribed your blog :)
    Has for the book, seems interesting! You made a really good review.
    Peace, LadyBug
    http://english-written-portairt.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ladybug for your kind comment. I hope you stay with us and keep enjoying our reviews :-)

    ReplyDelete